cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wintherm Advocate I
Advocate I

CDS for Apps - Unexpected OAuth Error when connecting to D365FO service endpoint

Hi,

I am currently attempting to establish a connection between CDS for Apps and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO), as described in this post (https://atinkerersnotebook.com/2018/04/02/importing-external-data-into-the-common-data-service/).

According to the instructions, I am:

1. ... using the "Get data"-button on the "Entities"-form within PowerApps.
  2. ... choosing the "OData"-data source on the "Choose Data Source"-form.
  3. ... entering the service endpoint URL for the D365FO-environment I intend to fetch the data from (https://"environment".cloudax.dynamics.com/data)
  4. ... and selecting the "Organizational account"-authentication kind.

However, when I attempt to sign in, I am met with an error message that roughly translates to: "No connection can be made to OAuth. Cause: Unexpected Error".

Is there something I am missing?

3 REPLIES 3
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: CDS for Apps - Unexpected OAuth Error when connecting to D365FO service endpoint

Not sure what is going on with the auth issue. I will ask.  You could consider using the administrative version of data integration by going to the admin portal and then choosing the data integration story there.  That version of data integration goes between known entities in F&O into CDS -- and schedules update on a regular basis.  

wintherm Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: CDS for Apps - Unexpected OAuth Error when connecting to D365FO service endpoint

Hi,

Our primliminary conclusion is that the issue is caused by either our own environmental rights in Azure, or our recent implementation of Federated Unified Login (which allows us to login across environments with the same AAD-credientials).

The issue does not exist in environments where we have logged in with the credentials provided by the client (e.g "tenantname@onmicrosoft.com").

A Hail-Mary question: Does anyone known which security rights that a user/an environment must have in order to establish a OData-connection between CDS for Apps and D365FO?

AnshulS
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I am having the same issue here. Did you get a resolution for this? For me, even a connection to Azure SQL is not working with the error- Unexpected error (Session ID: 32c5da12-a863-45b7-b113-60da92df25c3)

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (6,898)