cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wintherm
Level: Powered On

CDS for Apps - Unexpected OAuth Error when connecting to D365FO service endpoint

Hi,

I am currently attempting to establish a connection between CDS for Apps and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO), as described in this post (https://atinkerersnotebook.com/2018/04/02/importing-external-data-into-the-common-data-service/).

According to the instructions, I am:

1. ... using the "Get data"-button on the "Entities"-form within PowerApps.
  2. ... choosing the "OData"-data source on the "Choose Data Source"-form.
  3. ... entering the service endpoint URL for the D365FO-environment I intend to fetch the data from (https://"environment".cloudax.dynamics.com/data)
  4. ... and selecting the "Organizational account"-authentication kind.

However, when I attempt to sign in, I am met with an error message that roughly translates to: "No connection can be made to OAuth. Cause: Unexpected Error".

Is there something I am missing?

3 REPLIES 3
PowerApps Staff LanceDelano
PowerApps Staff

Re: CDS for Apps - Unexpected OAuth Error when connecting to D365FO service endpoint

Not sure what is going on with the auth issue. I will ask.  You could consider using the administrative version of data integration by going to the admin portal and then choosing the data integration story there.  That version of data integration goes between known entities in F&O into CDS -- and schedules update on a regular basis.  

wintherm

Re: CDS for Apps - Unexpected OAuth Error when connecting to D365FO service endpoint

Hi,

Our primliminary conclusion is that the issue is caused by either our own environmental rights in Azure, or our recent implementation of Federated Unified Login (which allows us to login across environments with the same AAD-credientials).

The issue does not exist in environments where we have logged in with the credentials provided by the client (e.g "tenantname@onmicrosoft.com").

A Hail-Mary question: Does anyone known which security rights that a user/an environment must have in order to establish a OData-connection between CDS for Apps and D365FO?

AnshulS

Hi, I am having the same issue here. Did you get a resolution for this? For me, even a connection to Azure SQL is not working with the error- Unexpected error (Session ID: 32c5da12-a863-45b7-b113-60da92df25c3)

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 395 members 4,816 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: