cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seryil
Level: Powered On

CDS license

Hi everybody,

I have some questions about license required to PowerApps and CDS.

First question: Right now I have a plan 1 and have no problem with collecting data to CDS when I fill out my app. Is plan 1 optimal or do I need a plan 2 in the future? I created a new entity inside CDS and made my own fields, and then inside my app, I made a patch function to collect the data to the entity (is this a great way to do it?)

Second question: As mentioned in the first question, I have no problems with using the app and then collect my own data inside my entity in CDS. But what about the users in my organization that is going to use the app (about 200 persons)? Can they just have the license that is connected to office 365 or do they need a plan 1 or plan 2 to add data to CDS?

Hope someone can help 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: CDS license

Hi @seryil ,

Plan1/2 are the old licensing for PowerApps. We now have the new PowerApps per app and per user plans. 

For more information, please refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq

The existing P1 and P2 plans for PowerApps and Microsoft Flow will be transitioning to the new PowerApps per app and per user plans, as well as the Microsoft Flow per user and per Microsoft Flow plans. Existing customers will be able to maintain the P1 and P2 plans for PowerApps and Microsoft Flow for the duration of their current subscription period, and they may be eligible to also renew under current terms depending upon when their subscription period expires. Similarly, new customers may be able to purchase the existing P1 and P2 plans prior to April 1, 2020. Please contact your Microsoft account rep for more information.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 330 members 5,990 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: