cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quentinfr
Level: Powered On

CDS looks great, but what about the future

Hello there!

I'm new in powerapps and set up apps working with azure DB. I have the same issues than other within delegation like (no delegation with date type filter, there is a trick for that Smiley Tongue, the In function isn't delegable and many others...).

CDS looks like a awesome way to build, mine and update data. I know CDS is in development and improving itself permanently. But:

- What is the roadmap of the developpers with CDS?

- There will be more delegation with SQL than with CDS?

- Is your purpose to improve CDS until it use a full range of delegation management?

- And the hardest question, when will it be better to use CDS instead of SQL (like azure DB) ? For sure... Not now.

I think that many people like me gamble on powerapps + powerBI + CDS. They could be awesome in the future and helps a lot of companyes in their data management. I hope people in this forum wants to know if the technology will be interesting in 6 months of 6 years !

Please can you give us information.

Kind reards

1 REPLY 1
Yahya
Level 10

Re: CDS looks great, but what about the future

what i am sure of is that Microsoft will continue investing in both Azure DB and CDS, may be we feel CDS gets more attention because it is still a new product, not matured yet, but if you watch out: nearly every week there are improvements in CDS/PowerApps. Spring Update brought lot of drama. The idea of CDS suits the Microsoft "Mobile First, Cloud First" strategy and is meant to be made available, not only for use, but for developing by EVERYONE.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Users Online
Currently online: 336 members 5,174 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: