Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

CDS to CDS Data Integration

Hi all,

I have two environments each with their own CDS database. I've created connections for both of these databases and created a new Connection Set.

However when creating a data integration there appears not to be a template to connect them. Additionally, there appears to way to create a custom template.

The Microsoft documentation states that this should be possible however on further review, this only applys when making changes to their existing templates.

Can anyone advise if a CDS to CDS integration is possible?

Thanks,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: CDS to CDS Data Integration

Hi @opticshrew2,

It is possible with Dataflows (formerly named Data Integration) using the out-of-the-box OData connector. URL is your WEB API url (i.e. https://<org name>.api.crm6.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.1/) and sign in with the Organisation Account option. See images below. Hope this helps!

2. 2020-06-06_10-58-50.png
  3. 2020-06-06_10-59-24.png
    2020-06-06_11-00-18.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @opticshrew2,

It is possible with Dataflows (formerly named Data Integration) using the out-of-the-box OData connector. URL is your WEB API url (i.e. https://<org name>.api.crm6.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.1/) and sign in with the Organisation Account option. See images below. Hope this helps!

2. 2020-06-06_10-58-50.png
  3. 2020-06-06_10-59-24.png
    2020-06-06_11-00-18.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Additional to @EricRegnier's post, there are some steps for using dataflows to migrate data between CDS environments

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/cds-odata-dataflows-migrati...

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You can also use power automate if you use the common data service connector

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Works a treat! I'm cautious not to use Power Automate as the inbuilt dataflow will also remove non-existant rows. Might give it a try anyway, we'll see 🙂 

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Awesome, glad that helped!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,738)