cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

CDS to a non premium connector if E3 or above

The CDS is aimed to be "Common" but making it a premium connector triggers the need for every single user of any app to now need a powerapps license. The "powerapps for office 365" allows canvas app usage but not if premium connector.

Solution make E3 and above include "powerapps for office 365 premium" no access to make.studio just run canvas apps with CDS.

Already charging based on data size in CDS so any increase in data is captured in those costs, increase that price rather than stopping mass use of apps.

As a ISV we have several clients with 10,000 plus emplyees who all need to contribute a single piece of data on a monthly basis to the CDS. Prior to switch to make CDS a premium we had 30+ plan 2 licenses for each client ($12k) now we need 10,000 "per app" licenses ($100k) month plus the 30+ "per users" ($12k). We have been dealing with angry CTO's as you would expect!!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: CDS to a non premium connector if E3 or above

Hi @liammurray,

Sorry to hear that. I suggest to reach out to your local Microsoft sales representative to discuss your licensing. Maybe they can help and clarify.

Cheers

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: CDS to a non premium connector if E3 or above

Response form lincensing teams is too extending my clients trials for per app, its almost as though microsoft forgot about the no make studio simple users of the apps in the licensing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (9,501)