cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsMicrosoft
Level: Powered On

Calculated Field in Entity - Split

I need to split a value in a calculated field; but i don't see a Split function; seems like the calculated functions are for dates and numbers.

Is there a way to split?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Calculated Field in Entity - Split

Hi @MsMicrosoft ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to split a calculated field value from your CDS Entity within your canvas app?

Further, could you please share a bit more about the calculated field that you mentioned?

The Split() function is supported within PowerApps currently. Please check the following article:

Split function

But the Split function is used to split a text string into a table of substrings. It could not be used to split a number value or Date value.

If you want to split a Date value, you could consider convert the Date value into a Date string value (using Text() function), then you could use the Split() function split this value. Please take a try with the following formula:

Split(
Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy"),
"/"
)

On your side, you should type:

Split(
      Text(YourDateValue,"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy"), 
      "/"
)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MsMicrosoft

hi _ Kris Dai,

your solution works for canvas apps because i can use the Split function there but i don't know what to do for model driven apps.

I have an entity with a field of type User, and i need to split the user email to get the company domain; for example user@microsoft.com i want to split the email to get the string "microsoft".

thanks

DavidJennaway

You're right that unfortunately the CDS calculated fields have hardly any useful string functions. An alternate option would be to use a workflow and a custom workflow activity to do the string manipulation - see   https://github.com/jlattimer/CRM-String-Workflow-Utilities