cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbamp
Level: Powered On

Can I access other entities (such as cases and invoices) in P2?

I would like to build a model-driven app in the unified interface but would like to be able to use some of the other out-of-the-box entities found in D365, such as cases and invoices.

If I sign up for D365 Customer Engagement, can I still build a model driven app but use some of the other prebuilt entities such as cases?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Re: Can I access other entities (such as cases and invoices) in P2?

Hi @rbamp - in short, yes. If you sign up for Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement, you will be able to go to web.powerapps.com and access your environment, you will then see all entities which are available in your environment. (Base CDS environments include a subset, but if you deploy Customer Enagement, those entities will be included.) And you can then build a Model driven app, and have users consume it using a PowerApps Plan 2.

The only thing to keep in mind is some entities are restricted, and do require a Dynamics 365 license, you should check out (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-restricted-entiti...) when you're buildling your app.

Thanks,

Clay.

Thanks,
Clay.
lewis_hm

Hi @CWesener,

I've got a D365 Enterprise Plan and would like to be able to access entities in a CDS2 environment that are standard in D365FS (Field Service) - how can I go about accessing these entities e.g. msdyn_workorder / msdyn_customerasset

Thanks

rbamp

Thanks @CWesener,

I believe I saw you on YouTube with Audrie Gordon. Great job - I haven't finished it but hope to soon.

Is there a list somewhere of the all of the entities that are provided out of the box for the different subscriptions? I know I am not posing the question correctly, because I really don't understand the different licensing options and the tech behind them.

I am not concerned with multiple users right now - I just want to be able to build model-driven apps with as much functionality as I can get out of the box, even if that means stepping up to the Customer Engagement subscription or more.

Thanks
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

@lewis_hm - If you log in to web.powerapps.com you should be able to see your environment in the drop down in the top right hand corner (assuming your environment is not on premise, and that its been upgraded to Version 9). Then you can use the PowerApps functionality from web.powerapps.com directly.

If you then open Data > Entities - you'll be able to see the Work order and Customer asset entities. If you create the new environment from PowerApps, it will only have the core entities, which will not include these.

If you don't see your environment, please let us know and we can have someone look into it for you.

Thanks,
Clay.
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Hi @rbamp - you can see a documented list of entities across the product here : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/developer/about-entity-reference, only the entities which are documented on the restricted entity list require a specific Dynamics 365 license.

If you would like to test building apps using the full set of entities, I'd recommended going to trials.dynamics.com and creating a new environment with Sales, Service, etc all installed - you can then log into web.powerapps.com and you will see all entities which are available across the platform.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Clay.
lewishm

Hi @CWesener - we have two D365 V9 sandbox environments that aren't currently appearing in the environment drop-down in PowerApps.  Is this because they are Sandbox environments and not Production?  If not, then yes could we please arrange for someone to look into it?  Thanks, Lewis.

PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Adding @ManasMSFT to assist with getting your environments visible in PowerApps.

Thanks,
Clay.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 91 members 4,259 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: