cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghdunn
Level: Powered On

Can I add an attachments to an emails sent from CDS MDA using Exchange Server Side Synch?

Hi

I have enabled email in a CDS Model Driven App using Exchange on Line Server Side Synch, so can happily send emails from within that MDA.  However, I cant see a way to add attachments to those emails

Capture.PNGI see a lot of references to doing this with code, such as:

Link to CDS create attachment 

..however, I would ideally like to be able to do it 'natively' within the Exchange synch functionality.

Thanks

Ged

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
HSheild
Level 10

Re: Can I add an attachments to an emails sent from CDS MDA using Exchange Server Side Synch?

Hi @ghdunn ,

Ha ha we keep running into each other on this forum!

Have you tried saving the email first?  Before clicking Send?  If you save the email first then the option to add attachments come up.  Call it a technical quirk of the Model Driven apps 😅

Annotation 2020-01-17 074435.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HSheild
Level 10

Re: Can I add an attachments to an emails sent from CDS MDA using Exchange Server Side Synch?

Hi @ghdunn ,

Ha ha we keep running into each other on this forum!

Have you tried saving the email first?  Before clicking Send?  If you save the email first then the option to add attachments come up.  Call it a technical quirk of the Model Driven apps 😅

Annotation 2020-01-17 074435.png

View solution in original post

ghdunn
Level: Powered On

@HSheild 

No wonder we keep running into each other if I have all of the dumb questions and you have all of the smart answers

Outstanding..thank you!

Ged

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (8,865)