cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnP
Level 8

Can't delete entity

I created an entity called Customers for testing purposes. It has no relationships. When I try to delete it I get the following error:

cds_error.jpg

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't delete entity

From the message, the problem may be that the issue is with the UI getting the case wrong, as the message refers to crc09_Customers (with an uppercase C). As a workaround, try opening the Dynamics 365 organisation for the environment, go to Settings, Customisations, Customize the System, and see if you can delete the entity from there

View solution in original post

Highlighted
bahaaa_bouakl
Level: Powered On

David is right,

i tested  and the issue is that the new power apps UI is confused with the case of the entity name.

for example, try to create an new entity and name it "Test Entity" in the display name then save it.

now, even that the name (not display name) is  clearley "***_testentity", you will get an error that "***_TestEntity" (note the upper case) is not found.

now try to create an entity and in display name enter "test entity 2" (all lower), save it then delete it it will be deleted without problems.

so you have 2 work arounds: 

1-create the enttity with display name all lower case, then after saving it, open the entity, then click "settings" in the upper right corner and change back the display name to the correspongin case

2-use the classsic solution explorer:

• login to "https://web.powerapps.com"
  • cllick "Solutions" on the left pane
  • in the upper menu click "Switch to Classic"
  • click "Common data services default solution" link in the list taht appears
  • in the left pane, under "Components" expand "Entities". click the entity you want to delete. When it opens, in the upper menu click "Delete". Confirm you action and it should work

Hope this helps

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JohnP ,

Do you mean that you could not delete the custom Entity from your CDS?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider clear cache of your browser, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider go to your Dynamics 365 instance (the CDS related to), then click "Customizations"-> "Customized the System" option, then you could delete the Entity from there:8.JPG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4

From the message, the problem may be that the issue is with the UI getting the case wrong, as the message refers to crc09_Customers (with an uppercase C). As a workaround, try opening the Dynamics 365 organisation for the environment, go to Settings, Customisations, Customize the System, and see if you can delete the entity from there

Highlighted
bahaaa_bouakl
Level: Powered On

David is right,

i tested  and the issue is that the new power apps UI is confused with the case of the entity name.

for example, try to create an new entity and name it "Test Entity" in the display name then save it.

now, even that the name (not display name) is  clearley "***_testentity", you will get an error that "***_TestEntity" (note the upper case) is not found.

now try to create an entity and in display name enter "test entity 2" (all lower), save it then delete it it will be deleted without problems.

so you have 2 work arounds: 

1-create the enttity with display name all lower case, then after saving it, open the entity, then click "settings" in the upper right corner and change back the display name to the correspongin case

2-use the classsic solution explorer:

• login to "https://web.powerapps.com"
  • cllick "Solutions" on the left pane
  • in the upper menu click "Switch to Classic"
  • click "Common data services default solution" link in the list taht appears
  • in the left pane, under "Components" expand "Entities". click the entity you want to delete. When it opens, in the upper menu click "Delete". Confirm you action and it should work

Hope this helps

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JohnP ,

Do you mean that you could not delete the custom Entity from your CDS?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider clear cache of your browser, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider go to your Dynamics 365 instance (the CDS related to), then click "Customizations"-> "Customized the System" option, then you could delete the Entity from there:8.JPG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JohnP
Level 8

@bahaaa_bouakl@v-xida-msft@DavidJennaway 

Thanks a lot. I deleted the entity from the classic view. I hope they fix this bug in the new interface 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 360 members 6,203 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: