Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
baseline9
Level: Powered On

Cannot Import Simple Spreadsheet Into CDS

Hi

I was advised to start a new thread as our issue could be slightly different to the UK Outage outlined in the below. I posted the issue on the below thread as well. 

Data Integrations Error

We cannot import a very simple spreadsheet into CDS. We have tried various methods and data sources but we continue to get errors at random points during the power query process. In order to eliminate any outside influences we stripped it back to a very simple test spreadsheet and we continue to get the error (Attached) 

The error can happen at any point during the process however it happens mostly at the last point when the data loads and it stops.

Hope someone can help we have just upgraded to plan 2 to get CDS however our migration project is on hold due to the error. We cannot get any data in at all. 

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Yahya
Level 10

Re: Cannot Import Simple Spreadsheet Into CDS

I have a better idea to import spreadsheets! Design your entity, then open Entity in Excel, that will initiate and open Excel CDS add in, sign in to that add in, refersh, then copy your data from your sheet to the entity opened in excel, hit publish, then you are done.

baseline9

I'm afraid this did not work, I dont think we are allowed the add in (See attached)

Whilts this workaround would be reasonable I feel we should be able to utilise the benefits of Power Query given our subscription plan

Thank you for your answer though, I was hoping it would move us forwards on a temp basis!

Kind Regards.

AccuFloDev

I too am having this issue, based out of Canada.
Cannot get a simple 4-column spreadsheet to import (All data is numerical, small numbers well within limits).

Once I get to the import process on 'Choose refresh interval', it stops with "An Unknown Error has occured".

Conversely, when I attempt to use the Excel add-in, it hangs on "Loading MetaData for several minutes until it times out and throws an error.

At this point I have no effective way of importing data into the system. 
Any updates on what is going on?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (7,367)