Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Cannot Re-Size Sub Grid in Model Driven App

Hi, I am building Model Driven App in CDS

I have placed a sub-grid on a form but would like to re-size it so by default it shows more blank real estate even if there are no records in the child table, but as a minimum safely show many of the records in the child table.  As you can see from screenprint it is obscuring the last record.

Is it because I have made it an editable grid, and it has added elements such as the Grouping, and the bar at the bottom?

I have gone into classic view and found formatting (screenprint), increasing the number of rows to 8 but it didn't seem to change the outcome.

Thanks

Ged

Format.PNGCapture5.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Cannot Re-Size Sub Grid in Model Driven App

Doh!
In that case, I would remove the subgrid. Save, publish, and close the form editor. Open it again, and create the subgrid again.
The only thing I can guess is that something else is set/was set on the grid and is now saved in the Xml. Did you do use CDS form editor, or classic?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

What you have done appears to be correct.

Have you saved and published the changes? Perhaps CTRL+F5 on your app's tab to force a cache refresh.

Additionally, your screenshots are obscured, but it may be cut off because the form itself is taller than the visible space on the form (per your browser/screen resolution).

Meaning, if you moved that section to the top of the tab, it should enforce the 8 row sizing.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Thanks @GarethPrisk 

I think I have tried all of those things..no luck

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Doh!
In that case, I would remove the subgrid. Save, publish, and close the form editor. Open it again, and create the subgrid again.
The only thing I can guess is that something else is set/was set on the grid and is now saved in the Xml. Did you do use CDS form editor, or classic?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

@GarethPrisk 

great..thats exactly what I did and it seemed to work...many thanks!

Ged

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,852)