cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot access Lookup Fields in Classic UI - Unknown Entity Name

For some reason today, we were trying to access a lookup field through the Classic UI under a solution  / Entity / Fields  area,  However, everytime we click on a lookup field - rather than bringing up is definition in a dialog it brings up a dialog window that is titled: 

Unknown Entity Name

The entity name doesn't exist. Please specify an existing entity name.

In the modern UI, we can access the lookup field under the Data / Entities / Fields menu which tells the underlying definition but has no ability to set the field as a global filter for a dashboard. 

Please advise if you can on this, and many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Cannot access Lookup Fields in Classic UI - Unknown Entity Name

Hi All

Just wanted you to say that this issue has been resolved, we did nothing in the end - for some reason on Monday afternoon it had resolved itself - so I can only imagine the issue is related to those other popular posts regarding this problem, where it seems that MS are doing something in the background, which takes some time to resolve.  However, have to say we have not done any upgrades or anything.  The only thing I will say is that the night before I removed some calculated fields from an entity for which we did not define any calculations - but I have no idea if there was some obscure relationship.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @ZiaUddin, are you still having this issue? Try to sign out, clear all your browser cache and then open the solution from make.powerapps.com --> Solutions --> select your solution --> click the "Switch to Classic" button in the command bar. Cheers

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Eric

I have tried this and have had no luck, I thought that maybe this was an issue with MS doing some sort of work in the background, and maybe it would turn to normal but so far still getting the same issue.  It is only affecting one of our CDS Environments, we need to access the lookup fields to enable global filtering on our dashboards.  Don't understand how this has happened.

Regards,

Zia 

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

If you’re still having this issue then I would suggest to raise a Microsoft Support Ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/

cheers

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi All

Just wanted you to say that this issue has been resolved, we did nothing in the end - for some reason on Monday afternoon it had resolved itself - so I can only imagine the issue is related to those other popular posts regarding this problem, where it seems that MS are doing something in the background, which takes some time to resolve.  However, have to say we have not done any upgrades or anything.  The only thing I will say is that the night before I removed some calculated fields from an entity for which we did not define any calculations - but I have no idea if there was some obscure relationship.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (5,826)