cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mariopdemarchi
Regular Visitor

Cannot delete an entity relationship

I wanted to delete an entity relationship 1:N,  but I kept getting the same message saying = there are dependencies...you cannot delete it. I deleted all data records on both entities.., refresh browser, etc. etc.) but nothing happened. By mistake I deleted the field in the current entity that involved that relationship (see attachment), so now I have orphan the 1:N relationship on both entities .. This situation is also preventing me to delete the current entity.

Regards. 

Mario  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Cannot delete an entity relationship

Hi @mariopdemarchi :

Could you tell me that the relationship you want to delete is a system-created relationship?

Case1:system-created relationship

I am afraid it cannot be deleted.

Case2:not system-created relationship

I made some tests but didn't encounted the problem you mentioned.

Could you please check wether you have also used this entity as one app's data source?

Perhaps delete all the resources which created  based on this entities and then refresh the browser will help you delete it.similar post

I think these links may help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/dependency-tracking-solutio...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/removing-dependencies

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

DavidJennaway Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can use 'Show Dependencies' to determine what dependencies are preventing the deletion. It's most likely that the it is used by a form or view, but could also be processes or rollup fields. For forms or views, the simplest is to remove the field, subgrid or navigation item associated with the relationship. For processes, you may be able to remove the field/relationship, and for any rollup fields you'll need to delete the rollup field. If you need to change forms or views, you'll need to publish the changes before you can delete the relationship

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @mariopdemarchi :

Could you tell me that the relationship you want to delete is a system-created relationship?

Case1:system-created relationship

I am afraid it cannot be deleted.

Case2:not system-created relationship

I made some tests but didn't encounted the problem you mentioned.

Could you please check wether you have also used this entity as one app's data source?

Perhaps delete all the resources which created  based on this entities and then refresh the browser will help you delete it.similar post

I think these links may help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/dependency-tracking-solutio...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/removing-dependencies

Best Regards,

Bof

DavidJennaway Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can use 'Show Dependencies' to determine what dependencies are preventing the deletion. It's most likely that the it is used by a form or view, but could also be processes or rollup fields. For forms or views, the simplest is to remove the field, subgrid or navigation item associated with the relationship. For processes, you may be able to remove the field/relationship, and for any rollup fields you'll need to delete the rollup field. If you need to change forms or views, you'll need to publish the changes before you can delete the relationship

mariopdemarchi
Regular Visitor

Bof,

Thanks! solved!.  The read of your selected article about Dependency tracking for Solutions Components  was key.

I had lookup fields in VIEWS and FORMS that I had to delete it (saved & publish) before canceling the entity relationship.  As it is said in this article . (My entities are Customs entities under learning process ).

Article: There are three types of solution component dependencies:

Solution Internal
Internal dependencies are managed by Common Data Service. They exist when a particular solution component can’t exist without another solution component.

Published
Published dependencies are created when two solution components are related to each other and then published. To remove this type of dependency, the association must be removed and the entities published again.

Unpublished
Unpublished dependencies apply to the unpublished version of a publishable solution component that is being updated. After the solution component is published, it becomes a published dependency.

Best Regards!

Mario

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (6,116)