cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
xilef
Level: Powered On

Cannot see fields of type Image in Entity in newly created Solution

Hello, The question is I have just created a Solution, made an Entity,  and was trying to add some fields to that Entity. But it was very strange that the when I added a field of type 'Image', and click 'Save Entity', that field just disappeared in the field list of the Entity.

When I tried to add another field with the same name, the following prompts:

The entity could not be updated: Attribute with Name EntityImage already exists on entity idp_hello.
Seems like the field was successfully added but I just cannot find it. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
JasonA

Re: Cannot see fields of type Image in Entity in newly created Solution

You can only add a single mage field for an entity and when you select the field type to image PowerApps sets the attribute name to 'entityimage' because it surfaces a default field for the entity.

If this is a custom entity with all components in it, then yes, the field will be exported and imported.

There seems to be a bug in the solution attributes list where it does not show all attributes (even if you toggle the filter to show all fields)

One way to verify this is to use the 'Switch to Classic' button which takes you to the old solution editor (image attached). You can then navigate to the entity and view all its attributes. You should be able to see the entitymage field, along with other default fields

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

All Replies
xilef

I found that for image field created in my Solution, its name is not started with my Publisher prefix, it is called 'EntityImage' and maybe that's why I cannot find it within my my Solution.

My question will be:
Will this particular image field be exported/Imported also when I export/import my Solution?
Is there any special case that needs to be taken care of when using this field?

JasonA

You can only add a single mage field for an entity and when you select the field type to image PowerApps sets the attribute name to 'entityimage' because it surfaces a default field for the entity.

If this is a custom entity with all components in it, then yes, the field will be exported and imported.

There seems to be a bug in the solution attributes list where it does not show all attributes (even if you toggle the filter to show all fields)

One way to verify this is to use the 'Switch to Classic' button which takes you to the old solution editor (image attached). You can then navigate to the entity and view all its attributes. You should be able to see the entitymage field, along with other default fields

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy