cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Common Data Service Option Set Value to Text

Hello,

I am currently working on a Canvas powerapps application that utlizes the Common Data Service with a  custom entity "Customer".  For this entity, I have a field, "City", which is an option-set with 3 choices (Pittsburgh, Columbus, DC).  I have an edit form attached to this entity that adds records to this entity.  It allows the user to pick a city from the dropdown. The form submits successfully.  I have another screen which is supposed to show the information regarding to the customers they have enetered, but it doesn't show city properly.  It just says [objecct Object]. 

How can I access the city that the user entered? It currently gets stored as a "complex" field type, but I think I would prefer it to be a String (if possible).   

Summarized: I want the city to be chosen from a dropdown and stored in the Customer entity in a usuable format.

Let me know if you need me to clarify anything!

Thanks,

Matt

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Common Data Service Option Set Value to Text

Hi @mattcole19 ,

Can you please explain more about the part "show the information regarding to the customers they have enetered, but it doesn't show city properly"? Are there 2 entities involved in this app? Did you create a relationship between city and customers entity? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,500)