cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Common Data Service (current environment) missing for imported Flows

Hi,

I have a flow that was created outside of a solution, and it's now added to the solution through Add Existing feature. I’m editing this flow and the Common Data Service (current environment) action is not available. It seems like the Common Data Service (current environment) is only available when a new flow is created inside the solution. This flow has a lot of logic, and it would be time consuming to create it from scratch from inside the solution.

Thanks,
Troy

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Common Data Service (current environment) missing for imported Flows

As you say, a flow created outside the solution cannot be imported into the solution to use the "Common Data Service" (current environment) flow.Is it difficult to achieve what you want to do by using the "Common Data Service" connector and setting environment is "current" in your ?

img.png

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @TroyP,

Unfortunately you'll have to re-create the flow from inside your solution to access that connector. I know it sucks, suggest to o submit the idea to be able to do this (if one doesn't already exists) at: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

A trick you can do if you absolutely don't want to re-create is to copy the flow json instead of rebuilding it, but it's a bit more complex and you risk to corrupt the flow. Quick steps:

1. Export the original flow as Logic App json
  2. Export your solution as unmanaged containing the new flow
  3. Unzip solution and go to folder Workflows to find your new flow
  4. Copy paste the "actions" section from your original flow to the new flow
  5. Re-import your solution

Hope this helps...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Askondo,

There are many actions in the "Common Data Service (current environment)" that I need to use, that don't exist in "Common Data Service". Since I'm very new to Flow, I don't get why there are two different connectors having similar names, but yet the list of Actions are different. As a newbie, I obviously made a mistake and didn't create the Flow in the solution. It seems to be such a bad architecture design in Flows. I can see a flow being shared and consumed in different solutions, and the logic tweaked to meet the requirements. 

Thanks,

Troy

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi EricRegnier,

Thank you for the tips. I will try it out.

Troy

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Users online (5,639)