Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dmann622
Level: Powered On

Converting GUID to Text Value in Model Driven Apps

Hello,

I am trying to create a flow in MS Flows that will send the value of a field within a model driven app. But the email always returns the GUID, instead of the value of the lookup field. Here is a look at my flow...

Capture.PNG1.PNG

Capture.PNG

The email - 

Capture.PNG2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Converting GUID to Text Value in Model Driven Apps

@dmann622, it looks like you've set up the second 'Get Record' correctly. That action will get you the full record that is identified by the GUID you're giving it.

In the email body, you will need to find the desired field that is not the GUID. Can you check the Customers Entity to see that it is the table that contains the columns you want?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff

Hi @dmann622 ,

It looks like:

1. You are getting a record.
  2. You want to use that record to update a record.
  3. You use dynamic content from previous steps to compose an email.
  4. The first record you get has a lookup field to Customers. When using it, it appears as its GUID and doesn't drill into where it comes from.

One solution here is to add another "Get Record" action in which you look up the GUID in the Customers entity. Then pick the desired field from Customers.

dmann622

Thank you for the reply.

So I would set up a 2nd "Get Record" in which the entity would be "Customers" but what would the "Record Identifier" be? I do not see an option to select the GUID.

I put "Customer" in the record identifier and then, in the eamil, selected "Customer" in the body from get record 2. This returned the GUID again.

Capture.PNG3.PNG

Capture.PNG4.PNG

PowerApps Staff

@dmann622, it looks like you've set up the second 'Get Record' correctly. That action will get you the full record that is identified by the GUID you're giving it.

In the email body, you will need to find the desired field that is not the GUID. Can you check the Customers Entity to see that it is the table that contains the columns you want?

View solution in original post

dmann622

I got it! There is a customer field that says "required field name" that displayed the text value after referencing the original get record action. Thank you for the help. I was stuck on that for quite some time now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 194 members 5,023 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: