cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kkandral
Level: Power Up

Countrows Operation warnings, delegation and solution to minimize the number of rows from SQL server

Hello Community, 

I'm trying to get more than 2.000 records into PowerApps and I'm trying to decrease the number of every screen using let's say Projects and users (user())  on a filter. Then we're all good because no one Seller has more than 100-150 records to retrieve in real life.

I'm using an SQL Table and I receive the message of delegation warning when I'm trying to get the number of rows in advance when I'm trying to get data from the source. That's fine!! 

I'll decrease/kill the number of active records (open cases that need to be retrieved) every day from the SQL using agent and Store Procedures e.g the completed cases.  Still, if a seller will have more than 500 open cases (of course I will not fire him for postponing to-does) I should be happy to get the latest regarding the date 500 records and not to let SQL mechanism and gateway to choose the top or whatever 500 or 2000 records to Power Apps.

Question A: Can I control what "delegated" data will be eligible to be imported/linked at PowerApps? Let's say from biggest recID to smaller or with "where" functions 

Question B: Can I use multiple small tables for every user() and then determine for user A --> use the TableA for userB-->use the tableB something like @dbo.tableXXX wildcard?  (this is silly because no one can handle 200 tables at once and then even 200 union all )       

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 300 members 5,740 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: