cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zdieter Helper I
Helper I

Creating a custom connector with Azure Function

Hey there,

I need to retrieve all groups defined in in my Org via executing the 'List Groups' action. Then based on the retrieved groups ids, execute the 'List Owners' action, check if the returned Owners list of a specific group contains yourself. If true, the collect the corresponding group into a Collection (using Collect function). I have spent hours trying to figure out how to do this, but I cannot find a tutorial or anything to help. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Zach.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Creating a custom connector with Azure Function

Hi @zdieter ,

Have you defined a Custom connector within your PowerApps already?

Do you want to check if yourself is included within the owner list of a specific group?

I assume that you have defined a Custom connector within your PowerApps already, if you want to achieve your needs, I think the ForAll function could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Add a button control in your app, set the OnSelect property to following:

Clear(GroupCollection);
ForAll(
       RenameColumns('CustomConnectorName'.ListGroups().value, "displayName", "displayName1", "id", "id1", "mail", "mail1"),
       If(
          User().Email in 'CustomConnectorName'.ListOwners(id1).value.mail, // Check if yourself is included in the returned Owner list
          Collect(
                  GroupCollection,
                  {
                     GroupName: displayName1,
                     GroupId: id1,
                     GroupEmail: mail1
                  }
          )
       )
)

Note: Within above solution, I only contain displayName, id, mail property values from returned group list into the GroupCollection, on your side, you could include more properties within the GroupCollection.

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (5,705)