cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VFXPro1 Advocate V
Advocate V

Creating new entities programmatically? (Flow, API, PowerShell, etc...)

Does any know of a way to create entities programmatically?  I've look at Flow CDS actions, and it only provides the action to "list entities" not to create them.  

Since I don't still down know if CDS can store a few million records, my strategy is to split the data into multiple entities each time a new project starts.

Thanks in advance for the tip...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Creating new entities programmatically? (Flow, API, PowerShell, etc...)

@VFXPro1 - you can create entities using the API documented here (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt593051.aspx) but there should be no reason you can't store this data in a single entity. I understand from the other thread you're having problems importing - but I don't believe that's related to a technical limitation.

My advise would be to avoid splitting entities programatically to avoid ongoing maintainence and potential reporting/analaytics challenges down the road by being spread across multiple entities.

Thanks,
Clay.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Creating new entities programmatically? (Flow, API, PowerShell, etc...)

@VFXPro1 - you can create entities using the API documented here (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt593051.aspx) but there should be no reason you can't store this data in a single entity. I understand from the other thread you're having problems importing - but I don't believe that's related to a technical limitation.

My advise would be to avoid splitting entities programatically to avoid ongoing maintainence and potential reporting/analaytics challenges down the road by being spread across multiple entities.

Thanks,
Clay.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Users online (9,444)