cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Custom connector as data source for a Dataflow?

Hi,

I'm a new Power Apps user and I've been playing around with custom connectors. I've been able to create a connector with multiple GET methods to retrieve data from an on-premise application, and I've set up a connection instance. Now I want to be able to store the data retrieved from those GET methods in a database Entity. Using "Get Data" (Power Query) I can't see how to use my custom connector connection as a data source. Surely that's a fairly logical use for the custom connector? There's a "Web API" source, but I have to configure it again manually, and it only allows me to configure a single GET call for each instance. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Greg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Custom connector as data source for a Dataflow?

Hello @packnology 

Once you have your custom connector, you can use it inside a flow.

Once you are using the custom connector in a flow, you can select which data source you want to use the save the data, 

Hope this article can help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/use-custom-connector-flow

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi!

I've the same problem with a Web API I would like to use to import some Big Data into my Common Data Service using "dataflow" together with Power Query as ETL-Tool. So its clear for me how to use my custom REST API connector with Power Automate, but how can I use it with dataflow?

2020-09-18 12_10_39-Power Apps.png

If there's no way to use the custom connector with Dataflow and Power-Query, how could I import "Big Data" with over 10.000 records into CDS without an Power Automate "Apply to each" step? Is there a way to import the json response directly without checking each row (Power Automate CDS connector offers just "Create a new record in entity")...

Hopefully you can understand my issue.

Cheers,

Sven

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @pagonza ,

do you have an idea about the dataflow topic?

BR,

Sven

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (5,808)