cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auchtens
Level: Powered On

Data Integrations not working at all? Unexpected Error

Hi PowerApps Community, 

I'm attempting to create a data integration project using a few different sources just as a POC, but one at a time.  I've tried with an OData source, I've tried with an Azure SQL Database source, and I've even tried the EXACT steps from this article (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-cds-newentity-pq)... However, when I get to the 'Refresh settings' page, and attempt to click 'Save', I get an 'Unexpected Error' with the mashup query displayed with no additional information.  Is something currently broken in the service?  Am I missing something obvious?

55 REPLIES 55
Highlighted
NGTS-AL

Re: Data Integrations not working at all? Unexpected Error

Same issue here, did u get resolved?
NGTS-AL

Anyone from Power App team can clarify this issue?
auchtens

not yet, but I did repro the issue for the PowerApps team in person.  Hopefully one of the PMs on the team will be able to look into it today.  If you can reproduce on your machine/tenant as well, they said that the error message details with session ID etc... can be useful, perhaps you can post a screenshot here as well.

Thanks!

NGTS-AL

Thanks, I do a bit concerned about this CDS OData integration func, which doesn’t seem to be robust enough for commercial use, not even educational, the same entity from MS sample - product entity can be imported some times but not some other times, error rate 95% above!! Not even once success with MS dynamics odata endpoint 😂😂😂
NGTS-AL

Doesnt seem to have any response at all, and still no luck with this service Smiley Sad

odata-dataintegration.png

PowerApps Staff dazhang
PowerApps Staff

Thank you for reporting this. We discovered this issue last week and have deployed a fix for it. However, we have recently discovered another intermittent issue with CDS itself and are working to mitigate it, I will give another update when that is complete. Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for your patience.

NGTS-AL

Thank you @dazhang for the update, really appreciated.

I gave another try today and still no luck with CDS import with OData connects to D365 Fin

CDS_OData_Error_20181002.png

PowerApps Staff dazhang
PowerApps Staff

@NGTS-ALthat actually looks like a different issue than the "Unexpected Error" that was reported at the beginning of this thread. It seems like there's some credential issue with accessing the OData feed for D365. Can you confirm that you are able to see data when you edit the project and open the queries?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dazhang yes, i am able to see data and map the correect column, but when it comes to the stage of importing/loadfing data to CDS entity it exceptions out (same with MS sample test OData feed, which no credentical required, while importing customer entity, it failed)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 472 members 5,695 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: