cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drold
Level: Powered On

Re: Data Integrations not working at all? Unexpected Error

@dazhang

yes i tried deleting the connection set as an attempt to start from the ground up, but the error was happening before that (and is happening on new, totally clean slate retries as well). I treid starting totally fresh with very simple datasets, same result. no integrations are working for me regardless of source/type (have tried excel in onedrive, simple table in sql, simple csv file - none of them work)

@AccuFloDev same issues exactly. 

PowerApps Staff dazhang
PowerApps Staff

@AccuFloDev and @drold, can you share the Request IDs for the errors you're seeing?

AccuFloDev

Here's my most recent error from trying to import from Excel through PowerQuery: Request ID: d372c017-0846-4d8e-9460-1202e72a9a2b (Screenshot attached)
drold

@dazhang mine seems to be working as of today, thank you for the help and replies 

PowerApps Staff dazhang
PowerApps Staff

@AccuFloDev, the issue is that your CRM instance's root business name does not match its domain name. We've put in a fix for this that should be available by the end of next week. If you need a workaround before then, please try renaming your CRM instance's root business unit name to match its domain name.

@AccuFloDev wrote:
Here's my most recent error from trying to import from Excel through PowerQuery: Request ID: d372c017-0846-4d8e-9460-1202e72a9a2b (Screenshot attached)

AccuFloDev

Hey @dazhang, thanks for the update.

A couple of questions based on your previous answer:

1. CRM Root business name does not match domain name:. Can you explain what the root business name is and where to find/change it?

2. Can you elaborate on what you mean by domain name? Are you talking about the default domain for our O365 organization?

Thanks.

PowerApps Staff dazhang
PowerApps Staff

@AccuFloDev, to find your CRM instance's domain name:

1. Sign into https://admin.powerapps.com/
  2. Click on your PowerApps environment
  3. Click on "Manage security for this instance".
  4. Look at the URL in your browser, it should be something like orgABC.crm.dynamics.com. The orgABC is the domain name of your CRM instance.

And to find your root business unit name:

1. Go to https://orgABC.crm.dynamics.com (replace orgABC with the domain name you found above)
  2. Open Settings, Security, and click on Business Units
  3. Your root business unit should be shown in the next screen.

Can you see if those two are matching?

AccuFloDev

Hey @dazhang, I followed your instructions and the instance names do not match (The root BU name is some randomly generated format "orgXXXXXX" where X is a hexadecimal digit.
However, I now have a new issue: when I go to rename the Business Unit, it asks me to enter a Parent Business (of which I have none) so I can't save the changes. After reading this MS Article, I found this:

The organization (also known as the root business unit) is the top level of a Dynamics 365 business unit hierarchy. Dynamics 365 automatically creates the organization when you install or provision Dynamics 365. You can’t change or delete the organization name.

Because of this, I cannot apply the fix you suggested.  Any other suggestions?

cwallace

As of today, I am also experiencing the same issue with "Unexpected error" on refresh attempts. Latest attempt information:

Session ID: 6ac380b1-bfae-4774-a4ea-0bd955e86dc4
Request ID: 280c9bbc-f28e-4acb-ac99-ae47f4c945b1

Previously working projects have stopped working. New projects generate this error message dialog after editing the project. Subsequent refresh attempts display the following error message in the Load Progress dialog:

Something went wrong. (Job ID: 0e9d29fe-26cf-4008-b9e5-97225dd7eeb4)
PowerApps Staff dazhang
PowerApps Staff

@AccuFloDev, the fix for this issue is deployed now, so the workaround should not be needed any more. Would you mind trying again?

@AccuFloDev wrote:

Hey @dazhang, I followed your instructions and the instance names do not match (The root BU name is some randomly generated format "orgXXXXXX" where X is a hexadecimal digit.
However, I now have a new issue: when I go to rename the Business Unit, it asks me to enter a Parent Business (of which I have none) so I can't save the changes. After reading this MS Article, I found this:

The organization (also known as the root business unit) is the top level of a Dynamics 365 business unit hierarchy. Dynamics 365 automatically creates the organization when you install or provision Dynamics 365. You can’t change or delete the organization name.

Because of this, I cannot apply the fix you suggested.  Any other suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 49 members 4,937 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: