Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sang73
Level: Powered On

Data in CDS do not refresh after adding some fields in project

Hello all

I created a integration data project that import data from D365FO to CDS

everything run smoothly

after, I needed to add new column in my import.

however, after running the import project again, my new columns are not populated

I believe the "version" column might be the reason why the upsert do not refresh my data, as I believe the version will be same.

is Data integration used version column to determine if record need to be updated / inserted ?!

I notice following message

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Refreshing-a-data-source-does-not-pull-in-new...

as a way to force refresh of records, is there a way to remove all Entity records from the PowerApps web page / withouth having to developer a PowerApps to do soe. something similar to truncate SQL command

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sang73

Re: Data in CDS do not refresh after adding some fields in project

hi @v-xida-msft 

I did try to remove and recreate the task .. with no luck

noted for the Edit in Excel. it will probably solve my issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sang73 ,

Do you create a Data Integration Project to sync data from your D365FO to CDS Entity?

Do you add some new columns in your Import, and want these values populated into your CDS Entity?

It is an known issue that the added new columns within the "Import" progress would not take effect within the existing Data Integration Project task.

As an alternative solution, please consider remove the the existing task within your Data Integration Project, then click "Add task" button to add a new task in your Data Integration Project to execute the import process from your D365FO to CDS Entity:1.JPG

then within the new added Task, re-specify the fields mapping as below:2.JPG

then run the Data Integration Project task again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, if you want to remove all records from your CDS Entity without creating a PowerApps app, I think the "Edit data in Excel" functionality in your CDS Entity could achieve your needs:3.JPG

you could click the "Edit data in Excel" functionality in your CDS Entity, then it would open your CDS Entity records within a Excel file, then you could remove all records from the Excel table, then click "Publish" button, after that, all records would be deleted:4.JPG

More details about "Edit data in Excel" functionality in CDS Entity, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-excel-addin

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sang73

hi @v-xida-msft 

I did try to remove and recreate the task .. with no luck

noted for the Edit in Excel. it will probably solve my issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sang73 ,

Is the solution I provided above is helpful in your scenario?

If the solution ("Edit data in Excel" functionality in CDS Entity) I provided above is helpful in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify my solution as "Solved".

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Users online (6,341)