Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Dataflows - Authentication using API Key or OAuth 2.0

Dear community users,

I try to use Dataflows to get the data from REST API (OData or OpenAPI) into the CDS.

The problem I face is that for 1 particular API, it just supports API Keys or OAuth 2.0

From the PowerApps, I can connect to that API from the Custom Connector, which supports API Keys and OAuth 2.0.

However from the Dataflows, I cannot authenticate, since there is no authentication method using API Keys and OAuth 2.0. 

Anyone can help on this:

• Any information whether Dataflows will support API Keys and OAuth 2.0?
  • Do you have any other workaround to get the data into the CDS from a REST API (OData or OpenAPI) data source?

Thanks.

Below are screenshots from the Dataflows Settings UI, only showing Authentications Mode

• Anonymous
  • Basic Authentication
  • Windows
  • Organizational Account

With Gateway

API Endpoint with GatewayAPI Endpoint with Gateway

Without Gateway

API Endpoint without GatewayAPI Endpoint without Gateway

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: Dataflows - Authentication using API Key or OAuth 2.0

Hi @hsu,

Unfortunately, Dataflows OData connector does not yet support API Key and Client ID, Secret authentication. Suggest to submit the idea at https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I don't know about timeframe, but if you want to use API key, you can do that now using other integration methods, such as SSIS. Also Power Automate and Logic apps support using API key via service principal

https://powerofpowerplatform.com/using-service-principal-in-power-automate-flow/

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @hsu,

Unfortunately, Dataflows OData connector does not yet support API Key and Client ID, Secret authentication. Suggest to submit the idea at https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,105)