cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dierenartsnl
Level: Powered On

Deleted records are still found by filter, locate etc.

I have two apps. In one app i have an unfiltered gallery on table (powerapps entity) kenneluser.

In another app I populate the table with identical records using patch, let us say 8 records

In the first app I can see the records appearing.

In that app I have a button to clear the table

RemoveIf(KennelUser;true)

All records disappear from the gallery.

In the second app I click respectively

-a button that puts an empty string in a label

-a button that puts the number of records that match a filter in the same label

Set(NumFinds;CountRows(Filter(KennelUser;Email=Trim(User().Email))))
;;
Set(LabelText;Text(NumFinds))

The label says "8".

If I leave averything alone and look again after a day the records are not found anymore, it says "0"

Is this something I am supposed to live with or am I doing something wrong/incomplete. Do I have to submit something after clearing the table or something like that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Deleted records are still found by filter, locate etc.

Hi @dierenartsnl ,

Can you please share more details about this app? 

Is your data source CDS entity? What is the column type of "Email"? How many buttons do you have in the 2nd app and what are the formulas in their OnSelect property? What is the Text property of your label controls? 

If both apps have the same data source and you remove all the records of this data source in your first app, then it is expected behavior that in your 2nd app, no records would show. But you need to first do a refresh of the data source. You can add a button and set its OnSelect property to:

Refresh(KennelUser)

The reason why the number become 0 after one day is that you migh closed the app and reload it again. During the process, the data source is refreshed when you reopening it.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
dierenartsnl

Why does nobody care about this problem? What do i have to do? Include a boolean field -deleted- in each table and add -not deleted- everytime i use a filter?
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dierenartsnl ,

Can you please share more details about this app? 

Is your data source CDS entity? What is the column type of "Email"? How many buttons do you have in the 2nd app and what are the formulas in their OnSelect property? What is the Text property of your label controls? 

If both apps have the same data source and you remove all the records of this data source in your first app, then it is expected behavior that in your 2nd app, no records would show. But you need to first do a refresh of the data source. You can add a button and set its OnSelect property to:

Refresh(KennelUser)

The reason why the number become 0 after one day is that you migh closed the app and reload it again. During the process, the data source is refreshed when you reopening it.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dierenartsnl

Thanks! The refresh part was what is missing. Guess I still have to adjust to cloud based datbases.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 295 members 5,118 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: