cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cworkman
Level: Powered On

Did the SQL Server Connector change?

Did the SQL Server Connector change? I've been unsuccessful in using my gateway to create a windows authentication SQL connection, but all my previously created connectors are working perfectly fine. 

I also noticed a difference in the UI itself -

The new SQL connector is missing the How do you want to connect to your data? question.

The error I'm receiving on the new connector is the following:

Credentials are missing or not valid. inner exception: The credentials provided for the SQL source are invalid. (Source at server;database.) clientRequestId: a29f3656-9537-4218-b034-50561f5a535e

Is there any documentation on the changes the PowerApps product team has made to the SQL Connector?

Thanks,
Channing

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Did the SQL Server Connector change?

Hi @cworkman ,

After some research, it seems that I cannot find others reporting any similar issue. And there is no offical announcements about changes for SQL connection in PowerApps. Below is the What's new blog page:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/category/new-features/

Is this issue happening when you try to create a new SQL server connection? Have you created the SQL server connection successfully before in PowerApps? In other words, do you have old SQL server connection that is working in your connection list?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cworkman

Mona,

Thanks for diving into this. Yes, I currently have 3 old SQL Connections to my PowerApps applications that connect perfectly fine and are currently in use. If you see in my original post I actually took screen snippets of the old ones. They have a different UI than the new ones. 

In the old connections it asks you how you want to connect your data (I'm using an on-premise gateway) the server name, the database name, and then your credentials and authentication type.

In the new one (the only SQL Server connection under connections) it asks authentication type, server name, database name, credentials, and then you select the gateway. 

Completely different user interface in the current connection and it returns a credential error which I know is wrong because my current SQL connections are connected with the exact same credentials and gateway. 

Thanks,

Channing

cworkman

Misspelled the database name - kicking myself in the head as we speak. Thanks for the support!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Users Online
Currently online: 79 members 3,733 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: