cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Different Users between Default Environment and new Production Environment in same tenant

I have researched for a couple of days and it could be that I am looking for the wrong terms.  I admit I have a very cursory understanding of the process to synchronise users between Environments (including the associated terminology that goes with it).

Our Default Environment has in excess of 5000 users in the User (systemuser) Entity.  The users have a 3 main licence types: Administrative, Enterprise, and Professional.

When I create a new Production Environment (in the same tenant) with a CDS database, only 700 odd users with licence type of Administrative or Enterprise are populated (synced) from the Default Environment.  It appears that the synchronisation with the Default environment filters out the other users with 'Professional' licences.  I have checked that the Ids of the users that were propagated to the new environment matched (i.e. Azure AD Object ID). 

I am able to force sync a new user (Professional Licence) using the Power Platform for Admins connector using the Force Sync User (AddAdminPowerAppsSyncUser) in a canvas PowerApp however there are 2 issues with this approach: it requires my credentials for the connector (or a flow) and it doesn't address the issue for model-driven apps where selecting a User does not list all possible users.  We get user changes (new and modified) in AD daily.

I may be missing something, but is there a way to sync the Users in the Default Environment with a new Production environment?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Different Users between Default Environment and new Production Environment in same tenant

@pHozFoRus 

Users are added to the User entity synchronously only if the Environment and office365 tenants are in the same region.

Please check the region of the new Production Environment.

If you want to add users into the environment, please go to PowerApps Admin Center, select the environment, then you can add users in Security Tab.

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security 

Snipaste_2020-02-10_14-03-34.png

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,082)