cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newUseer
Level: Powered On

Download big amounts of data

Hi everyone,

in my PowerApp I´m trying to Download round about 10.000 jpg files from a http service. Each picture has the size of 300 KB. I failed downloading the pictures with Flow because it took very long time. To get 50 pictures I had my Flow running for 2 minutes.  My question now is:

Does anyone know how to get this data into my PowerApp in resonable time? Adding every picture as a Media is no option, because which 10.000 pictures are downloaded is depending on other actions and data.

Thanking you in anticipation

newUseer

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Download big amounts of data

Hi @newUseer ,

Do you want to download 10000 image files (each one has 300KB, 2929MB in total) into a PowerApps app via HTTP request?

Currently, within PowerApps, all data sizes are subject to the amount of available memory in the app. Browsers running on a desktop computer typically support more than 100 megabytes of data. However, the amount of available memory on a device such as a phone might be far lower, typically in the range 30-70 megabytes.

Please check the following artifcle for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/data-types#size-limits

But there is an known limit with HTTP request in PowerApps app. The Timeout limit of HTTP request is 180 seconds, if you execute your HTTP request from a canvas app to download image files, and the duration is more than 180 seconds, your HTTP request would face a Request Timeout error.

HTTP Reuqest Limit in PowerApps app

Currently, I am not sure if you could download all images via the HTTP request from PowerApps app. The download speed is subject to the amount of available memory, the Network state, the HTTP Request limits and other factors.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 319 members 5,826 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: