cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dmukherjee
Level: Powered On

Dropdown Showing duplicates When I populated from D365

Hi I have a dropdown in my power app where I am showing Types of which is basically an optionset of one of our custom entity showcases. 

We have a option set names Types in which have 6 options. Kindly refer to the screenshots to check the options. Now business wants me to show the showcases entity record based on type which user will choose from dropdown in power apps.So we need to populate the the same 6 options in power apps dropdown. 

Problem Statement  : I have added one dropdown in power apps and on the Item property used the below query.

Query : (Showcases.Type)

but its showing duplicates values. Kindly refer to the screenshots for your reference. 

Note : I have tried with Distinct(Showcases,Type) but its showing me only one default option set value out of 6. So its not worked . 

Can anyone help me on this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dmukherjee

Re: Dropdown Showing duplicates When I populated from D365

@Drrickryp Actually values are suppose to come from D365 option set values , so I cant add static values in Items [“option1”, “option2”, etc] like this. 

We have resolved this issue using power apps dropdown and used choice function to show optionset choices. Its working as expected now. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dmukherjee ,

Is it a Multi Select Option Set? If so, please use combo box instead of the dropdown control. It seems that the Option Set type column are not supported within Dropdowns, according to this thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/Option-Set-not-Displaying-on-DropDo...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dmukherjee

@v-monli-msft  no its not a multi select dropdown 

Super User
Super User

Hi @dmukherjee 

If there are only a limited set of options, you can manually set them using [“option1”, “option2”, etc] as the items property of the control.

dmukherjee

@Drrickryp Actually values are suppose to come from D365 option set values , so I cant add static values in Items [“option1”, “option2”, etc] like this. 

We have resolved this issue using power apps dropdown and used choice function to show optionset choices. Its working as expected now. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,748)