cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Romansx
Level: Powered On

Dynamics 365 connection in Access 2016 (Office 365 subscription)

For several days I have been working on Acces 2016 connecting to Dynamics 365 online to access my Common Data service entities. I need to make a report that involves the data I have in them.
Since about a week ago for some reason I can no longer access this data because it asks me to enter "valid" username and password. I enter them but the same message comes back to me infinitely ...Captura de pantalla (24).pngThis is the message that always popCaptura de pantalla (23).pngThe URL of dynamics??Captura de pantalla (22).pngThis message pops once
Does anyone happens the same??.
Right now I can not work because apparently I do not have the permissions, (according to what I interpret), to connect.
This is frustating. I do not know what to do. Call office 365 technical support but they do not give me solution ...

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Re: Dynamics 365 connection in Access 2016 (Office 365 subscription)

Hello,

If you're trying to connect to your entities, you can try using the API endpoint - the URL you're using in your screenshot is for a webpage, and won't provide access to your data. (Interstingly though, if you actually go to the page in your URL, it will show you the correct URL). If you open developer resources, you will have a Instance Web API, in the format of : https://[yourinstance].api.crm.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.0/.

Try using this URL and please let me know if you have further issues.

Thanks,

Clay.

Thanks,
Clay.
Romansx

Thank you for answer. Tried what you told but dont work... appears the same message...Captura de pantalla (29).pngCaptura de pantalla (28).png

Romansx

PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Ok, I've just tried it on my machine, it appears it does want the original CRM URL, not the API, so I aplogize for my earlier guidance. Can you confirm you've tried this format : https://yourinstance.crm.dynamics.com/

If that still doesnt work, we may need to get a support ticket raised so someone can assist.

Thanks,
Clay.
Romansx

Not working...@CWesenerCaptura de pantalla (30).png

PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Romansx - as you can access this org through your browser, but not through access, we will need someone from that team to intestigate what the issue might be - can you please raise a support request through the Access support team : https://support.office.com/en-us/access

Thanks,

Clay.

Thanks,
Clay.
Romansx

thanks @CWesener I've already raise a support... i contacted but nothing appears to solve the issue... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,468)