cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walter
Level: Powered On

EXport rights for a fellow worker

Hi

I hope I put my question in the correct forum here.

I created some entities in CDS and PowerApps that use these entities to read from and write  to. Now, these entities and powerapps are used by different teachers at our school, but one of those teachers needs to have the rights to export the data to an Excel CSV file.

I already tried to make this fellow teacher an environment administrator and even gave him rules on all the used entities but still he can't export the data. The export buttons are greyed. What should I do to make this possible. Thx a lot for your advice. Greetz, Walter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: EXport rights for a fellow worker

Hi @Walter ,

Do you assign a System Administrator role of your PowerApps environment to this fellow teacher?

Which PowerApps license does this fellow teacher own for his/her account?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. If you have assigned a System Administrator role of your PowerApps environment to this fellow teacher, he/she would have full permission to customize or administer the environment, including creating, modifying, and assigning security roles. Can view all data in the environment.

More details about the defined Security roles in PowerApps environment, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security#predefined-security-roles

Please also check if the fellow teacher own a proper PowerApps license to use PowerApps. Currently, if one user to want to access Common Data Service, he/she must own PowerApps Plan 1 license at least for his/her account. So if the fellow teacher only own a Office 365 inlcude PowerApps license, he/she would not be able to access Common Data Service in your PowerApps environment.

If the fellow teacher has a System Administrator role of your PowerApps environment, and he/she own a PowerApps Plan 1 license (at least), I think he/she could export the Entity data from your CDS Entity. Please ask him/her to clear cache of his/her browser, then sign in PowerApps again with his/her proper account, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Walter , 

It would be really helpful if we can see the screenshots of the scenario you are referring to. 

A system admin can simply export the data as excel sheet from the Model Driven App. 

You can also use flow to create dynamic excel sheets with teh CDS data. 

Hope this Helps!

Walter

Hi Yashag

Here u can find some screenshots of the rules I have set for user with the name Jonas Bijnens. I mad a special rule for him; the rule is named "Jonas Bijnens Rule". U can see the settings in the photo below. I made the changes in the tab "Aangepaste eniteiten" ("Special entities" in English?); u can see this in teh second photo.

The first photo, just beneath this text has yet no settings. Perhaps I have to set the option "Exporteren naar Excel" ("Export to Excel" in English) so theis user Jonas Bijnens can export the data of the special entities to Excel? Just a guess of me, I did not try it yet. I would like your advice first. Thx a lot!

The entity which the user Jonas Bijnens can not export the data to Excel is named "tblVakficheVNew".

Walter

Create extra rule.JPGRules for user on special entities.JPGUserRole.JPGentity.JPGUserName.JPG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Walter ,

Do you assign a System Administrator role of your PowerApps environment to this fellow teacher?

Which PowerApps license does this fellow teacher own for his/her account?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. If you have assigned a System Administrator role of your PowerApps environment to this fellow teacher, he/she would have full permission to customize or administer the environment, including creating, modifying, and assigning security roles. Can view all data in the environment.

More details about the defined Security roles in PowerApps environment, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security#predefined-security-roles

Please also check if the fellow teacher own a proper PowerApps license to use PowerApps. Currently, if one user to want to access Common Data Service, he/she must own PowerApps Plan 1 license at least for his/her account. So if the fellow teacher only own a Office 365 inlcude PowerApps license, he/she would not be able to access Common Data Service in your PowerApps environment.

If the fellow teacher has a System Administrator role of your PowerApps environment, and he/she own a PowerApps Plan 1 license (at least), I think he/she could export the Entity data from your CDS Entity. Please ask him/her to clear cache of his/her browser, then sign in PowerApps again with his/her proper account, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Walter

Hi Kris

Thx for the quick reply. Beneath u can found photos that show the rules for the fellow teacher and his Powerapss trial licence. Should this be enough for the teacher to make export CDS entity data possible?

Thx for your reply! Walter.

Rules Fellow Teacher1.JPGRules Fellow Teacher2.JPGPowerapps Licence.JPG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Walter ,

If the PowerApps Plan 2 free trial license of the fellow teacher's sign in account is not expired, he/she would have access to all of the features in PowerApps Plan 2, so he could export data from the CDS Entity in your PowerApps.

Please check if the PowerApps Plan 2 free trial has been expired on the fellow teacher's side.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 312 members 4,757 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: