Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anthlex
Level: Powered On

Entities relationships

Hi guys, 

I have a question about the relationships between entities in CDS.

So there are three entities, portfolio, projects and risks. As the attched image shows, between portfolio and projects, the relationship is one to many. Between projects and risks, the relationship is one to many. 

Blank Diagram.png

In this scenario, I want to put all related projects and related risks as subgrid views on the main form of portfolio. 

I know there is a option for projects, which is Show related records. But there is no option for risks. 

Capture.PNG

Please let me know your ideas. Much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yahya
Level 10

Re: Entities relationships

You could create a one to many relationship of Portfolio to Risks, and a Process workflow that sets the value of Portfolio in Risks based on the Portfolio in the Risk's Project, to be triggered on Create, and on Change. In forms, keep the Portfolio in Risks, hidden or read only. 

It works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anthlex ,

Do you want also to display related risks records as Subgrid View within the Main Form of your Portfolio Entity?

If you want to  display related risks records as Subgrid View within the Main Form of your Portfolio Entity, I afraid that there is no way to achieve to your needs in PowerApps Model-Driven form.

Currently, within PowerApps, we could only display direct relationship as Subgrid related view within one Entity form, we could not display indirect relationship as Subgrid related view within one Entity form.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Yahya
Level 10

You could create a one to many relationship of Portfolio to Risks, and a Process workflow that sets the value of Portfolio in Risks based on the Portfolio in the Risk's Project, to be triggered on Create, and on Change. In forms, keep the Portfolio in Risks, hidden or read only. 

It works.

View solution in original post

Anthlex

Hey Kris, Thanks for the information. I'll raise an idea there then. Cheers.

Anthlex

Yeah, it seems the only way to do now. Thanks for sharing you idea. Cheers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,342)