cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Entity INCIDENT and licensing

Hi, I have a question regarding CDS and licensing as this is not totaly clear to me.

Currently I have an app based on the Dynamics entity INCIDENT, using the Dynamics 365 connector.

I try to change the app so that it uses CDS instead of the Dynamics connector.

With some entities this works fine, but the entity INCIDENT is not available.

For what I read this entity is a "restricted" entity and only available with proper license.

As far as I know I have the correct licenses activated on my account, see screenshot below (translation from Dutch: Aan means On, Uit means Off)

So my question is, what could be the reason for not seeing an CDS entity and how to solve that? 

d365license.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Entity INCIDENT and licensing

Hi @Maurits,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that you could not use the Incident entity of CDS within your app?

I agree with your thought almost, the Incident entity is a restricted entity. If you want to access the Incident entity of CDS, you must have any one of following plans:

Dynamics 365 for Customer Service Enterprise edition plan

Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement plan 

Dynamics 365 plan

I have made a test (My account has Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement plan Enterprise edition), and the issue is confirmed on my side. I afraid that the Incident entity is not supported within CDS of PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @v-xida-msft, thanks again for researching.

I don't understand your first questions as you confirm that the entity is not supported in CDS.

What more info do you need from me?

Kind regards,

Maurits

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @BusyIntelligenc - this appears to be a bug. I'm adding @bsimons from the team that owns the connector to track getting this resolved.

Thanks,
Clay.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue here. Almost every other possible entity is available except INCIDENT - which just happens to be the one I want. 😞

Is this a confirmed bug or is it not present for another reason? Is there also a way to add custom entities created in Dynamics 365?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (3,362)