Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxTampa1
Level: Powered On

Entity Refresh in a model app

Hi,

Use case:

I have an entity created from a data connection to a Salesforce object. (SFEntity). This entity refreshes every night successfully.

I have created a model-driven app that uses the entity. I added additional fields to the SFEntity. These fields manually updated by users of the app.

Model App description :

[Name, Date of sale, Date to close, SaleStatus] these are the attributes that refresh every night in the SFEntity.

Manual fields added to the SFEntity > [Representative, Date and Time to close, Notes] these fields are manually updated by the users.

My issue is that the SFEntity (in the model app) is not reading the refreshed data in the model app. I have checked that the SFEntity is being refreshed nightly using PowerBI.

Any help or suggestions to accomplish this task would be appreciated.

Thanks

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Entity Refresh in a model app

Hi @MaxTampa1,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that the SFEntity is not refreshed/updated within your Model-Driven app?

In default, once the SFEntity is updated/refreshed, the SFEntity data would also be refreshed automatically within your Model Driven app.

Please check if the SFEntity data has been refreshed via your Power BI.

In addition, please also consider take a try to update some existing records in your SFEntity manually, and then run your app Model-Driven app again, check if the SFEntity data has been refreshed.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to re-create a new model-driven app based on your SFEntity, and then check if the updated data in your SFEntity has been displayed within your app.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MaxTampa1,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that the SFEntity is not refreshed/updated within your Model-Driven app?

In default, once the SFEntity is updated/refreshed, the SFEntity data would also be refreshed automatically within your Model Driven app.

Please check if the SFEntity data has been refreshed via your Power BI.

In addition, please also consider take a try to update some existing records in your SFEntity manually, and then run your app Model-Driven app again, check if the SFEntity data has been refreshed.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to re-create a new model-driven app based on your SFEntity, and then check if the updated data in your SFEntity has been displayed within your app.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

MaxTampa1
Level: Powered On

hi, @v-xida-msft > Thanks > My refresh was based on UTC. I adjusted the refresh date and it works.

Thanks Max

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,157)