cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error: "Creating databases in default environments isn’t available right now"

I am looking to create a database within my default environment (so I can access both this new data source and on premise data through our gateway). I am an admin for the detault environment but get the attached message when I try to create an DB (none currently exists for defult environment.)

Does this need to be done by global 365 admin acct regardless of delegated admin rights?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Error: "Creating databases in default environments isn’t available right now"

Hi @Anonymous,

Which license does your PowerApps belong to?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

If you want to create a CDS database within PowerApps, your PowerApps should have PowerApps Plan 2 license at least. Please check if your PowerApps has been assigned to a propriate license.

More details about the requirements for creating a database in Common Data Service for Apps, please check the following article:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

The Product Team has been aware of this issue and they are actively investigating and working on mitigating this issue. Please check the following link for more details:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

6.JPG

Best reagrds,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error: "Creating databases in default environments isn’t available right now"

Hi Kris,

I have plan 2 - I believe - see attached screen from looking at plan(s) under settings.

Thanks,

Aidan

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems creating DBs in the default environment is currently disabled. Meanwhile, on premise gateways cannot be used with non-default environments so our business data lives in different universes for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Users online (8,291)