cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luethilu
Level: Powered On

Error when trying to open Fundraiser sample app

Hi guys

When I try to open the Fundraiser sample app, I get the error message "The value passed for ConditionOperator.In is empty" (see Attachement).

I tried with different users in different instances and even created a brand new CDS Trial instance. Always got the same message. A couple of weeks ago I could access the app fine.

I appreciate any nudge in the right direction 🙂

Thanks and br

Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff caburk
Power Apps Staff

Re: Error when trying to open Fundraiser sample app

@luethilu I'm sorry you're having trouble. I can also reproduce this and am launching an investigation.

I'm noticing it has an issue with the Fundraiser entity. To unblock you, the app will work fine if you remove the Fundraiser entity from the app. To do this:

1. Click on Customize from the PowerApps portal
  2. Select the Fundraiser entity (under entity view) on the left side of the screen.
  3. The entire line will be highlighted in blue. Then click remove in the top ribbon.
  4. Save and publish the app.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Power Apps Staff caburk
Power Apps Staff

@luethilu I'm sorry you're having trouble. I can also reproduce this and am launching an investigation.

I'm noticing it has an issue with the Fundraiser entity. To unblock you, the app will work fine if you remove the Fundraiser entity from the app. To do this:

1. Click on Customize from the PowerApps portal
  2. Select the Fundraiser entity (under entity view) on the left side of the screen.
  3. The entire line will be highlighted in blue. Then click remove in the top ribbon.
  4. Save and publish the app.

View solution in original post

luethilu
Level: Powered On

@caburk Thanks for the reply.

Removing the fundraiser entity from the app has worked out indeed. I had to remove the entity from the site map as well for it to work.

br

CodeDizaster
Level: Power Up

Sorry for bumping this up, but I just encountered this problem in the recent release of Dynamics 365 v9 on-premise (after an organization was upgraded from 8.2.2 to 9.0) and could not apply this workaround because the affected entity is needed. After some server tracing, I solved it by creating a quick create form for the culprit entity (it didn't have one before).

Power Apps Staff caburk
Power Apps Staff

Is there anything you're blocked on that I can help with? The model-driven samples only shipped for CDS trial environments (which are all online), but I do have a package that can be manually installed other places (On-prem, D365 CE, etc). This app was also rebuilt because the original app picked up some bugs from being built in a pre-prod environment. 

CodeDizaster
Level: Power Up

Thank you for your help but I'm good. Mine is a custom app that was created in 8.2.2. After the upgrade it stopped working and search brought me here since I had the same problem. My app works fine now so I thought I'd post what I did to get it loading. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,463)