Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Walter
Level: Powered On

Ertror writing datacardvalue to CDS entity

Hi there

A year ago I created some apps with the default canvas method. One of these apps is named "SimpleLeerkrachten". It holds names and codes for teachers at our school. U can see this in my screenshot named "App Leerkracht.JPG". De app is connected to an (upgraded) CDS entity called "Leerkracht". U can see the fields in my screenshot named "entity Leerkracht.JPG". The app worked perfectly but now we are testing it again to add new teachers to the list. Whenever I click on the + button in the app, I can see and fill in the empty fields (p.e. field "LkrCode") Now when I click on the submit button (= a check mark in my app) I get an error saying  "There is a problem with saving the data. Probably the datasource is invalid." The data is not saved in the entity. The app uses a "Submitform(EditForm1)" when I click the submit. How can I solve this issue? In the past it worked perfectly.

Thx a lot in advance for any suggestion that could lead me to a quick and defintive solution. 

Greetz, Walter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Level 10

Re: Ertror writing datacardvalue to CDS entity

Hi @Walter ,

Please try to recreate connection with the data source.

The connetion may be invalid after a long time.

If the problem still exists, could you show me your formula about updating data?

The functions may have some changes in a year's time.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @Walter , 

Are you able to get the data from the entity? 

Can you please try deleting the old CDS connection and create a new one and try again?

Thanks, 

v-yutliu-msft
Level 10

Hi @Walter ,

Please try to recreate connection with the data source.

The connetion may be invalid after a long time.

If the problem still exists, could you show me your formula about updating data?

The functions may have some changes in a year's time.

Best regards,

Walter
Level: Powered On

Hi

Thx a lot for all your support. In the meantime I found the solution myself. The datacards made in a previous version still used the old fieldnames. I changed the datacard field names te reflect the new cds entity field names and everything works like it did before.

Greetz and thx a lot.
Walter
v-yutliu-msft
Level 10

Hi @Walter ,

If your problem has been soloved, could you mark my answer?
Thank you !

Best regards,