cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Excel Data Table is locked after connecting to Power App

Hi Community

I was searching arount long time but did not find any meaningful hint. So, I try to ask here.

I created a PowerApp which runs pretty good. I'm even able to update data from my source with commands as Patch() etc.

As a data source, I connected Microsoft Excel from OneDrive for Business. The thing is that this Excel grabs data from a CSV-file. So, I depend on regular updates. Now, since I connected the Power App to this Data Table in Excel, I can't update the table with updated values from the CSV anymore. If I have look into the QueryBuilder, it loads the additional values. But the table in Excel does not get updated anymore. Does this sound like regular behaviour? How could I solve that?

Thanks

Axylo

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Excel Data Table is locked after connecting to Power App

Hi Axylo,

Thank you for raising this.  I'll undertake some testing as the process you've explained and provide my findings and a workaround if I'm able to replicate the issue.  I'll update you with my findings as soon as I've conducted my testing.  

Thanks Axylo. 

Best regards,

Allan 

Microsoft Support 

Highlighted

Re: Excel Data Table is locked after connecting to Power App

Hi Allan

Did you already find out something?

It keeps locking my Excel-Source even the CSV file show up with more and more entries to be imported into Excel.
Thanks

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,242)