cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Field Level data restricted with STAR MARK even after setting read access

I have created an entity in CDS. 4 fields in the entity have field level security enabled. All are mapped to a field security profile and set to Allow Read - Yes.
A user added to that field Security Profile is unable to view the data. User already has Create, Read and Write permission on the Entity.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Field Level data restricted with STAR MARK even after setting read access

@EricRegnier @HSheild 

The issue was resolved after I removed all field security profiles and recreated it again.

A Possible reason why the issue occurred could be because I created Security profile and later modified the fields (Enabling field Security) as part of my customizations. This seems to have impacted all fields part of the security profile.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi @Ajithnair621 

Sounds like you have everything set up correctly.  Have you clicked the Publish all customisations button?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@HSheild 

Yes, I have published it. Performed Publish all customization for the new solution multiple times. For the time being I have disabled field security and put up a read only field on the form.

For the reference, I had an issue were a field which had a Business rule (in CDS), business rule was not executing since the same field was updated through a flow also. So I had to remove the Business Rule from that field-1 and set it to another field-2. After that the solution was working as expected. 

Would there have been a case were the field security profile fails to work due to any CUSTOM ROLE?

As of now I have a custom role created based on the CDS user role(standard role) with Create, Read & write access to the new entity. Since it is a new solution I don't have much objects and only 1 customized role.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@HSheild 

Forgot to mention. There is a Business Process flow also. Some of those field enabled for Field Security is part of the Business Process Flow.

Highlighted

Hi @Ajithnair621 ,

Is there any chance this related to your custom role issue where you didn't have the minimum privileges?  There are likely some privileges required for the user to read Field Security Profiles so that CDS know whether to show or hide the field value.  Security Roles are a bit of dark art and that is why it is recommended to copy from an existing role rather than starting completely from a bran new role

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/create-edit-security-role#minimum-privileges-f...

If this doesn't help then I recommend raising a support case with Microsoft through admin.powerplatform.com.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I have already copied the CDS role and added my entity to that. In that case as you said, all basic permissions are in place. 

I will try it once again with a new entity and if it does not work. I will raise a ticket through admin Portal.

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Ajithnair621,

Just to isolate the issue, can these users see the whole record or they can't just see the values of these FLS fields on the form/views (i.e. the values are masked). Can they view the other fields? The security role(s) that users have assigned have create/read/write at the organisation level? Would it be possible to share a screenshot of the Business Management and Customization tabs of the custom security role?

Thanks

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@EricRegnier @HSheild 

The issue was resolved after I removed all field security profiles and recreated it again.

A Possible reason why the issue occurred could be because I created Security profile and later modified the fields (Enabling field Security) as part of my customizations. This seems to have impacted all fields part of the security profile.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (10,848)