cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Filter from a CDS View in a Gallery

I am trying to use a CDS view as the items source for a gallery, then apply a filter function in the app based on user input.

My formula in the gallery's Items property:

Filter('Entity Name', 'Entity Name (Views)'.'View Name', 'Record Date' >= 'Date Picker Control'.SelectedDate)

Currently, the formula erroneously yields no results. If I remove the Date test from the formula, I get see results based on the view's sort and filter parameters, which I pre-set in the CDS View Designer. Those view-based sort/filter parameters are based on different fields than those being tested by any app controls. I tried swapping the Date test for a different field/data type/control, and had the same issue.

What's weird is that, when I set the gallery's items source as the CDS view, I get this error - "The specified record was not found. Server response: userid is empty guid!" Even when the gallery is successfully displaying records, using the view's preset sort/filter parameters, this error comes up. It can't be a delegation issue because I'm querying <500 records.

What gives?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filter from a CDS View in a Gallery

Hi @jrtpts m

Could you tell me the data type of 'Record Date'?

I've made a similar test but not met similar problem like your description.

Here's my test:

SET THE GALLERY'S ITEMS:

Filter(testmanies,'testmanies (Views)'.'testmany Lookup View',Name="abc")

Name is text type in my test. 'testmany Lookup View' is a view of testmanies entity.

And my gallery display correctly.

127.PNG

I've found a similar issue that may help you:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Failed-to-load-resource-The-specified-record...

Please consider take a try to rename the screen name into a different name, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please consider take a try to turn off "Delayed load" option and "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App setting of your app, re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your assistance, unfortunately the issue remains.

'Record Date' is Date-Only datatype is CDS. I've tried a text field as filter, and it yields the correct records, in the view's sort order, but I still have the "The specified record was not found. Server response: userid is empty guid!" error in the formula.

I changed the screen's name and I turned off Delayed Load, but didn't see a setting for improved app rendering. After publishing, I'm still seeing the same issue. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Is the field on which you filter part of the view?

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Can you try using this for your gallery items?

Filter([@‘Entity Name'], 'Entity Name (Views)'.'View Name', 'Record Date' >= 'Date Picker Control'.SelectedDate)

I wrapped the entity name to disambig and it worked on my end.

So the data source should be [@‘Entity Name’] instead of just ‘Entity Name’

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (10,336)