I am trying to use a CDS view as the items source for a gallery, then apply a filter function in the app based on user input.
My formula in the gallery's Items property:
Filter('Entity Name', 'Entity Name (Views)'.'View Name', 'Record Date' >= 'Date Picker Control'.SelectedDate)
Currently, the formula erroneously yields no results. If I remove the Date test from the formula, I get see results based on the view's sort and filter parameters, which I pre-set in the CDS View Designer. Those view-based sort/filter parameters are based on different fields than those being tested by any app controls. I tried swapping the Date test for a different field/data type/control, and had the same issue.
What's weird is that, when I set the gallery's items source as the CDS view, I get this error - "The specified record was not found. Server response: userid is empty guid!" Even when the gallery is successfully displaying records, using the view's preset sort/filter parameters, this error comes up. It can't be a delegation issue because I'm querying <500 records.
Hi @jrtpts m
Could you tell me the data type of 'Record Date'?
I've made a similar test but not met similar problem like your description.
Here's my test:
SET THE GALLERY'S ITEMS:
Filter(testmanies,'testmanies (Views)'.'testmany Lookup View',Name="abc")
Name is text type in my test. 'testmany Lookup View' is a view of testmanies entity.
And my gallery display correctly.
I've found a similar issue that may help you:
Please consider take a try to rename the screen name into a different name, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.
In addition, please consider take a try to turn off "Delayed load" option and "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App setting of your app, re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.
Thanks for your assistance, unfortunately the issue remains.
'Record Date' is Date-Only datatype is CDS. I've tried a text field as filter, and it yields the correct records, in the view's sort order, but I still have the "The specified record was not found. Server response: userid is empty guid!" error in the formula.
I changed the screen's name and I turned off Delayed Load, but didn't see a setting for improved app rendering. After publishing, I'm still seeing the same issue.
Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!
Check out whats happening in Power Apps
FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021