cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AccuFloDev
Level: Powered On

Forms using CDS for Apps Entities - Lookup columns turn blank after SubmitForm completes.

I'm developing a Canvas app against a CDS for Apps data source and I'm running into a strange issue with Submitting the form, with Lookup columns in particular.

Heres the scenario I'm trying to accomplish:

• Create a new item or edit an exsiting one with a form using SubmitForm(),
  • Set or change a LookUp field on the form and submit it

• Upon successful submit, return to edit mode on the form to allow further changes.
    (This is default behaviour for Forms based on documentation)
    • Under this scenario, the LookUp fields revert to their pre-save values
  • I attempted to work around this by refreshing the data source and then using LookUp() to find the recently updated item by its ID
    • Under this scenario, the LookUp fields return with no data (this makes them blank on the form)
  • The only way I've successfully been able to get the updated values is to close the form, return to the gallery, and then re-select the item (which re-opens the form)

Am I missing something here?  How can I achieve the desired behaviour when updating CDS entities through forms?

Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: Forms using CDS for Apps Entities - Lookup columns turn blank after SubmitForm completes.

Hi @AccuFloDev,

Could you please share more details about the LookUp formula you mentioned within your app?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please take a try to re-create your app based on your CDS Entity, and then check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to remove the LookUp relationship from your CDS Entity, and then re-add it, re-create your app based on your CDS Entity, check if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AccuFloDev
Level: Powered On

Re: Forms using CDS for Apps Entities - Lookup columns turn blank after SubmitForm completes.

Hey @v-xida-msft,

Thanks for the follow up. 
It looks my issue was fixed at some point as the behaviour is no longer occuring.
Perhaps it was a bug that was recently patched?