cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Free Data source which comes with Office 365 E5 license

That should work. You need to also share the excel file with the person you share the app with and also excel based apps can generally only be used by a single user at a time because the file gets locked while you use the app. 

try a simple sharepoint list based app and see if the results are the same. You will still need to share the list with her

you may want to have the azure admin double check the users record, the power apps license under office might be disabled for that user

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you @jlindstromfor your suggestion. 

I had to explicitly share Excel file to make it work.

I haven't tried with sharepoint list yet, but will definitely explore that as well.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

One additional recent option.  Microsoft just announced the release of DataFlex in the last few days.  DataFlex provides a single CDS instance that can be used inside Microsoft Teams for Apps or flows created and deployed in Teams.  The only licensing that is required is the regular Microsoft Teams license included in Microsoft 365.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @jlindstrom ,

I tried with Sharepoint List and it worked a like a charm. I didn't have to share it explicitly like excel. Thank you.

I also want to enable flow functionality for Office 365 users. My requirement is very simple. Whenever a record is updated I should be notified over email. I can do this by creating a flow and attaching it to the EditForm OnSuccess event, but when I went on to edit mode I had to choose PowerAutomate to create/assign a flow for the same.

Can I have this email notification feature with Office 365 E5 users?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you @Pstork1 I will try that as well.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

So what you should do is have an automated flow, not a flow called from the power app

Have your trigger be when an item is updated and then use the mail of o365 outlook connector to send an email

This is better because you don't need to share the flow with every user or make anybody else am owner of the flow. Since its an automated flow that runs triggered off of data changes rather than a user explicitly calling it from the app 

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

One more point on DataFlex.  Its been announced, but doesn't start rolling out until August.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I tried with Automated flow and I am getting email alert whenever SP list gets changed. So it solves the purpose. Thanks again.

I can see Power Automate under my Office 365 subscriptions as below

PowerAutomate-Subscriptions.PNG

and I also found pricing list of Power Automate https://emea.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

I can't seem to find any option which says it is free. Does that mean Power Automate becomes free if you have P1 subscription?

Or Power Automate is Free for now which will be eventually stopped at later stage and we have to go ahead with some of the available options?

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Power Automate isn't actually "Free".  But it is included in the cost of your Office 365 license.  So if you have an Office License then its Free to use.  There used to be a "Free" version that you could sign up for without an Office 365 license. But you won't see that if your login has Office 365.  That "Free" version is also quite limited in what it can do.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you @Pstork1  and @jlindstrom for your suggestions. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (5,647)