cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdecap
Level: Powered On

Gallery not showing item details on mobile app or when "played" in browser

I have built a simple fitness tracking PowerApp, which uses CDS as the data source.  I built the app "from data", pointing to a custom entity.  The BrowseScreen contains a gallery, which renders properly when editing the app.  However, when users access via the mobile app or their browser using the "play" link, the gallery items do not show the information.  Additionally, the ">" icons only open the record on the DetailScreen when in editing the app.

One screenshot shows from the web.powerapps.com site, while the other is when played in the browser.

1.pngEditing the App2.pngPlaying the App

I've ensured all changed are saved and published.  Any ideas why the maker experience would be different than what the end user sees in the gallery?

The total at the bottom uses a SUM() of the Gallery Items, and is also not working.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Gallery not showing item details on mobile app or when "played" in browser

Hi @mdecap ,

Do you mean that the CDS reocrds would not be loaded within the Gallery when you run your app within PowerApps Mobile App?

Which version is your PowerApps Mobile App in your Mobile device?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The version of PowerApps Mobile App in my iOS device is 3.19022.16, the version of my iOS device is 12.1.4.

Please check if the version of your PowerApps Mobile App in your Mobile device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it into the latest version, then run your app again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please take a try to uninstall PowerApps Mobile App from your mobile device, and re-install it again, check if the issue has been fixed.

In addition, please consider take a try to turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to save your CDS records into a Collection (using ClearCollect() function), then use the Collection as a data source within your Gallery instead of CDS Entity itself, re-publish your app, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mdecap

I have mobile appverion 3.19023.15

I've tried saving the data into a Collection, but am no longer seeing any data anymore.

Shouldn't setting the data source of a gallery to a CDS entity just work, without having to create a separate collection?

mdecap

Seems this is related to delegation, as I have a filter on the Gallery.

I'm trying to filter out just records for the current user with...

SortByColumns(Filter(Activities,'Created By'.'Full Name' = User().'FullName'),"aaa_date",If(SortDescending1,SortOrder.Descending,SortOrder.Ascending))

When I comment out the Filter portion, it works as expected - however I do need to restrict records only for the current user.  Is there a different way i coudl do this, and the comparison of 'Created By'.'Full Name' = User().'FullName' appears to be the problem.

Thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,216)