cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
jzcase
Level 8

Help deleting a corrupt Business Process Flow?

I built a custom entity and experimented with a Business Process Flow but found that it wasn't the best solution for my users, so I tried to delete it.

 

However, even after removing all dependencies, I do not appear to be allowed to delete the BPF. It still reports that there are dependencies, but when I try to view the list, it appears blank. See attachment.

 

I would like to avoid a scenario where I need to export all of my solutions to a clean sandbox to get rid of it.

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jzcase
Level 8

Re: Help deleting a corrupt Business Process Flow?

Hey I found a solution! But it was different than what was listed before, so please point people to this post if they can't delete a BPF.

 

I had two dependencies stopping me from deleting the custom BPF but the Solution Customizer wouldn't tell me what they were (neither the Classic nor the PowerApps version).

 

I did a lot of digging and found them. The key is that a BPF Process won't correctly report its dependencies, because it's main dependency is the BPF entity that it automatically creates and is supposed to be hidden.

 

So to see the real depencies for a BPF, you have to find its Entity and show its dependencies.

 

In my case the first was the 1:N relationship between "Work Logs" (my custom entity) and the corrupt BPF entity. That relationship in turn was depended upon by the Default Public View inside the corrupt BPF entity. It contained a lookup column to the Work Logs entity (another custom entity that "hosted" the BPF). I tried deleting the lookup column, but that wasn't enough, I had to create a throwaway View, set it as the Default Public View, and then delete the original View. Then I was able to delete the relationship.

 

The second was a Model Driven App I had created. Even though I removed all references to the corrupt BPF, the BPF entity still listed it as depending on it. So I bit the bullet and deleted the model driven app.

 

After that, I was able to delete the corrupt BPF process, which automatically deleted its corresponding entity.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jzcase
Level 8

Re: Help deleting a corrupt Business Process Flow?

Here is the attachment I mentioned.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help deleting a corrupt Business Process Flow?

Hi @jzcase ,

Do you want to delete a Business Process Flow?

Here are some docs about it for your reference:

https://dynamics.mittermair.pro/2019/01/02/hide-or-remove-unused-business-process-flows/

https://www.syncratec.com/remove-business-process-flows-in-dynamics-365/

https://www.inogic.com/blog/2017/07/tip-resolve-unknown-dependency-issue-and-delete-an-entity-from-d...

What's more, here's a doc about how to delete dependencies of a solution:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/org-service/samples/detect-...

 

 

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jzcase
Level 8

Re: Help deleting a corrupt Business Process Flow?

Hey I found a solution! But it was different than what was listed before, so please point people to this post if they can't delete a BPF.

 

I had two dependencies stopping me from deleting the custom BPF but the Solution Customizer wouldn't tell me what they were (neither the Classic nor the PowerApps version).

 

I did a lot of digging and found them. The key is that a BPF Process won't correctly report its dependencies, because it's main dependency is the BPF entity that it automatically creates and is supposed to be hidden.

 

So to see the real depencies for a BPF, you have to find its Entity and show its dependencies.

 

In my case the first was the 1:N relationship between "Work Logs" (my custom entity) and the corrupt BPF entity. That relationship in turn was depended upon by the Default Public View inside the corrupt BPF entity. It contained a lookup column to the Work Logs entity (another custom entity that "hosted" the BPF). I tried deleting the lookup column, but that wasn't enough, I had to create a throwaway View, set it as the Default Public View, and then delete the original View. Then I was able to delete the relationship.

 

The second was a Model Driven App I had created. Even though I removed all references to the corrupt BPF, the BPF entity still listed it as depending on it. So I bit the bullet and deleted the model driven app.

 

After that, I was able to delete the corrupt BPF process, which automatically deleted its corresponding entity.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,353)