cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jzcase
Level: Powered On

Help deleting a corrupt Business Process Flow?

I built a custom entity and experimented with a Business Process Flow but found that it wasn't the best solution for my users, so I tried to delete it.

However, even after removing all dependencies, I do not appear to be allowed to delete the BPF. It still reports that there are dependencies, but when I try to view the list, it appears blank. See attachment.

I would like to avoid a scenario where I need to export all of my solutions to a clean sandbox to get rid of it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jzcase

Re: Help deleting a corrupt Business Process Flow?

Hey I found a solution! But it was different than what was listed before, so please point people to this post if they can't delete a BPF.

I had two dependencies stopping me from deleting the custom BPF but the Solution Customizer wouldn't tell me what they were (neither the Classic nor the PowerApps version).

I did a lot of digging and found them. The key is that a BPF Process won't correctly report its dependencies, because it's main dependency is the BPF entity that it automatically creates and is supposed to be hidden.

So to see the real depencies for a BPF, you have to find its Entity and show its dependencies.

In my case the first was the 1:N relationship between "Work Logs" (my custom entity) and the corrupt BPF entity. That relationship in turn was depended upon by the Default Public View inside the corrupt BPF entity. It contained a lookup column to the Work Logs entity (another custom entity that "hosted" the BPF). I tried deleting the lookup column, but that wasn't enough, I had to create a throwaway View, set it as the Default Public View, and then delete the original View. Then I was able to delete the relationship.

The second was a Model Driven App I had created. Even though I removed all references to the corrupt BPF, the BPF entity still listed it as depending on it. So I bit the bullet and deleted the model driven app.

After that, I was able to delete the corrupt BPF process, which automatically deleted its corresponding entity.

3 REPLIES 3
jzcase

Here is the attachment I mentioned.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jzcase ,

Do you want to delete a Business Process Flow?

Here are some docs about it for your reference:

https://dynamics.mittermair.pro/2019/01/02/hide-or-remove-unused-business-process-flows/

https://www.syncratec.com/remove-business-process-flows-in-dynamics-365/

https://www.inogic.com/blog/2017/07/tip-resolve-unknown-dependency-issue-and-delete-an-entity-from-d...

What's more, here's a doc about how to delete dependencies of a solution:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/org-service/samples/detect-...

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jzcase

Hey I found a solution! But it was different than what was listed before, so please point people to this post if they can't delete a BPF.

I had two dependencies stopping me from deleting the custom BPF but the Solution Customizer wouldn't tell me what they were (neither the Classic nor the PowerApps version).

I did a lot of digging and found them. The key is that a BPF Process won't correctly report its dependencies, because it's main dependency is the BPF entity that it automatically creates and is supposed to be hidden.

So to see the real depencies for a BPF, you have to find its Entity and show its dependencies.

In my case the first was the 1:N relationship between "Work Logs" (my custom entity) and the corrupt BPF entity. That relationship in turn was depended upon by the Default Public View inside the corrupt BPF entity. It contained a lookup column to the Work Logs entity (another custom entity that "hosted" the BPF). I tried deleting the lookup column, but that wasn't enough, I had to create a throwaway View, set it as the Default Public View, and then delete the original View. Then I was able to delete the relationship.

The second was a Model Driven App I had created. Even though I removed all references to the corrupt BPF, the BPF entity still listed it as depending on it. So I bit the bullet and deleted the model driven app.

After that, I was able to delete the corrupt BPF process, which automatically deleted its corresponding entity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 419 members 4,530 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: