cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

How I can prevent CDS System Administrator delete a record?

I use my O365 (and PowerApps P2) user to DEVELOP and USE CDS model-driven apps for my business. I am the only Global Administrator in both O365 and PowerApps in my company.

Security Rules work perfectly for me to let/ban users from deleting records in entitites but i fail to ban myself from mistakenly deleting a record in some entities where in DELETE should be banned for all users even myself. Being a  Global Admin, I cannot edit the Global admin security rule. Process triggering the delete after the delete happens, I know i can recreate the record BUT is there any other way to ban a global admin from deleting a record?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: How I can prevent CDS System Administrator delete a record?

Hi, in fact I managed to prevent myself (Global admin) from deleting a record in an entity by creating a real-time workflow that gives me the ability to trigger the BEFORE DELETE then the only step I made is to stop workflow with status of Cancelled. 🙂  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yahya ,

Do you want to prevent CDS System Administrator role from deleting a record in a Entity?

If you are the System Administrator role in your CDS, you would have full permission to customize or administer the environment, including creating, modifying, and assigning security roles.

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no way to prevent CDS System Administrator role from deleting a record in a Entity.

As an alternative solution, you could consider change Security Role you own to the CDS, or you could also consider create a custom security role in your PowerApps Environment, then assign the custom security role to you instead of the System Administrator role.

More details about customizing security role in PowerApps Environment, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security#create-or-configure-a-custom...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi, in fact I managed to prevent myself (Global admin) from deleting a record in an entity by creating a real-time workflow that gives me the ability to trigger the BEFORE DELETE then the only step I made is to stop workflow with status of Cancelled. 🙂  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (9,625)