cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dee1
Level: Powered On

How do I add an existing Custom Form to an Entity within a Solution?

Hi,

Please can someone tell me how I can add a main form to an entity within a solution when creating a model driven app? In our existing CRM solution we have 5 different main forms against the customer entity, however when adding a form to the customer entity within my solution I can only add the standard main form and not any of the other 5 customised main forms which I already have?

Kind Regards,

Deepak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dee1

Re: How do I add an existing Custom Form to an Entity within a Solution?

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your reply and yes you are correct that is what I want to do which is to add a customised main form from within a solution.

However I think I have found a way to do this which is:

1. Go into the entity within your solution that you wish to add the form for.

2. Click on "Forms".

3. Then switch to classic view. You will now be in the old classic view within your solution and within your chosen entity.

4. You can now add the customised form in the classic view and when you go back to the powerapps version the customised form will be added to your solution.

I will submit this as an idea too as it would be worth having this feture within powerapps.

Kind Regards,

Deepak

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Dee1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to add other customized Main Form into your CDS Entity rather than the standard one within a Solution?

If you want to add other customized Main Form into your CDS Entity rather than the standard one within a Solution, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Actually, it is an known limits with Main Form for CDS Entity. Regardless of or not add a new Main Form to a CDS within a Solution, when you added another custom Main Form for your Entity, the new Main Form would be generated based on the standard Main Form. In other words, you could not manually select which type of Main Form you want to create within a Solution.

Currently, you could only create a new Main Form, then re-customize the standard Main Form to meet your needs, then name it as a different name.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dee1

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your reply and yes you are correct that is what I want to do which is to add a customised main form from within a solution.

However I think I have found a way to do this which is:

1. Go into the entity within your solution that you wish to add the form for.

2. Click on "Forms".

3. Then switch to classic view. You will now be in the old classic view within your solution and within your chosen entity.

4. You can now add the customised form in the classic view and when you go back to the powerapps version the customised form will be added to your solution.

I will submit this as an idea too as it would be worth having this feture within powerapps.

Kind Regards,

Deepak

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Dee1 ,

Congratulations. Yeah, I agree with you, the "Switch to classic" option may be the available option for your scenario.

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread as Solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,840)