cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yahya Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: How do I create a custom entity with a "full name" primary field concatenated from first and last names?

SIMPLE!

Make the FullName (which is the primary field) Not required, and create a workflow process to CONCAT the FullName from the FirstName + " " + LastName.

You are done then!

DavidJennaway Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: How do I create a custom entity with a "full name" primary field concatenated from first and last names?

You could create a calculated field to do the Concatentation - it would look like:

CONCAT(prefix_firstname, prefix_middlename, prefix_lastname)

Then the workflow would just set the primary field to be the same as the calculated field (as per earlier in the thread, the primary field can't be a calculated field, hence the need for a workflow). The workflow would need to be triggered off a change to any of the individual fields (it can't be triggered from a change to a calculated field)

Madumi Advocate II
Advocate II

thanks so much @DavidJennaway  I appreciate the explanation--I'm still catching on 🙂

Tfbarrett1981

I am also new to Power Apps and Model Driven Apps. Is a workflow the same as a Business Process?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Users online (7,238)