cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
revans
Level: Powered On

How to access attachment stored in entity form

I have a canvas app that stores attachments related to an Entity in CDM.  I also have a model driven app for back office processes related to that same entity.  How can the model driven app get access to the attachments related to the entity?  I can't seem to find a way to display, via a list or a form (for the entity), an attachment field.  When using SharePoint to store attachments, you can add the Attachment field to the list.  When you open a particular record, the attachment file name is displayed and can be downloaded.  Is this same type of functionality available in a model driven app?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to access attachment stored in entity form

Hi @revans ,

Did you check the Attachment box when creating the entity? 

If you want to add a Attachment option within the Entity form of your Model-Driven app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
revans
Level: Powered On

Re: How to access attachment stored in entity form

Hi Mona,

Yes, I checked the box and the entity allows attachments from the Power Apps canvas app.  Great feature (btw).

The issue is that I need a way for the back office folks, who interact with the entity via the model driven app, to also have access to the attachments that were added via the canvas app.

Are you saying that this is not supported?

Thanks,

Randy